Why do I need to see a specialist?
It is good practice for a general dentist to refer to a specialist endodontist or colleague with enhanced skills and experience; this shows that your dentist is dedicated to achieving the very best for you.
What to expect at your appointment
At The Endodontic Practice, we understand that you may be feeling nervous or unsure of what to expect from your treatment, especially if you have been referred to us by your regular dentist.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have and have set out some further information below.
- You are welcome to bring a chaperone, friend, or family member with you.
- When you arrive, please ring the surgery bell and we warmly greet you. We welcome you into the practice and ensure you feel comfortable in the practice surroundings.
- We always discuss your treatment and talk you through the procedure before beginning. It can take a few minutes for the local anaesthetic to get to work, so we ensure you are feeling comfortable before we start.
- When your treatment is complete, we discuss the outcome with you and give instructions and advice for the next few days before you leave.
- If you have been referred to us, we inform your general dentist of the results of your treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, we are happy to help. Simply get in touch and a member of our friendly team will be able to assist you.Start your treatment today